The history of Venchi starts in the 1800s in Piedmont, thanks to Silvano Venchi’s passion for chocolate. When Silvano was 16 years old, he began to create chocolates in his shop in Cuneo. In a short time his pastry shop became the most famous of the city. It was appreciated for the extraordinary quality of the ingredients and for the peerless ability to present his creations as jewels. A real "chocolate boutique". The company was officially founded in 1878, the year in which Venchi launched its Giandujotto 1878.