The founders, the Flamigni brothers Armando, Lieto and Aurelio, opened a pastry and coffee shop in Saffi Square in Forlì in 1930. A few years later they had already opened other shops in nearby towns and almost all travelers coming from the North to the Adriatic coast were stopping by.  By the mid 70's, inspired by Marco Buli, son-in-law of one of the founders, began the expansion of production, but never increasing volume at the sacrifice of quality.  Nougat (Torrone) was and became the flagship product for Flamigni. Today, Marco Buli, his daughter Renata, and his son Massimo all play an important role for the company.